EUS (Desktop Support) Technician III
The EUS (Desktop Support) Technician III is responsible for troubleshooting hardware/software equipment problems, and to set up, install, configure, maintain, relocate, and/or repair a variety of electronic computing and communications equipment, software and/or peripherals. Applies a broad working knowledge of electronics to a wide variety of assignments through the application of technical concepts, practices, and procedures. A member of quick-response end-user support team providing on-site desktop and/or deskside support to the business offices, contact centers and sales offices for the enterprise.
- Successfully completes projects of high scale and medium complexity, with some direction.
- Proven ability to provide peer mentoring in both technical and non-technical capacities.
- Fulfills work orders/service calls to install, maintains and/or repairs computer/telephony equipment and peripherals.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and/or network operating problems.
- Uses basic and specialized test equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot.
- Troubleshoots related communications problems, applying a knowledge of wiring, telecom, standard cable connections, and wire closets.
- Takes appropriate corrective action, interfacing with vendor, carrier, client, and infrastructure services staff as necessary.
- Performs bench-level preventive hardware maintenance, replacement, and repair (to sub-assembly/ component level) of computer terminals, microprocessor components, peripherals and associated/designated communications and information management equipment.
- Sets up, assembles, installs, configures, reconfigures, modifies, moves and/or relocates hardware/software on site for regular or special function use.
- Ensures upgrades are configured and installed on schedule.
- Maintains work order documentation, technical schematics, and diagrams. Assist in problem resolution which requires on-site support.
- Maintains contact with users on operational and production matters.
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software, and telecom services to the client's satisfaction.
- Plans and coordinate the purchase, installation and implementation of hardware and software according to department standards and procedures.
- Maintains software and hardware registration and inventory to provide upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
- Upholds the enterprise policy guidelines as well as recommend new and improved guidelines to insure compatibility and better service enterprise users of personal computers.
- Assist projects which require support of infrastructure and/or application execution for successful completion.
- Act as backup for related peer roles as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related degree), specialized training, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in End User Systems Support, Desktop Support, or Deskside Support in an Enterprise environment, or demonstrated proficiency required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Periodic travel is required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Relevant Technical Skills
The EUS (Desktop Support) Technician III is NOT expected to know all the skills at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that a EUS (Desktop Support) Technician III may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
- Business Applications: Trouble Ticketing Experience (example - Remedy, SMART, etc.)
- Technical Applications: Active Roles, Altiris, DHCP, Java, Symantec Management Platform
- Telephony Technologies: Genesys, Nortel, Avaya, Nice QA, Aspect e-Workforce Management
- Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook
- Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio
- Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Microsoft SQL
- Information Risk Management: Anti-virus, Patching, and Encryption technologies (McAfee, Qualys, Symantec)
- Hardware: Wintel Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Windows Terminal, Tablets, Mobile Devices
- O/S & Network: Windows 7/10, Citrix, Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, CSU/DSUs, Image Deployment
- Scripting: Software Packaging/Deployment, Microsoft PowerShell, Batch File Creation, Windows Scripting
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL
Salary Range target is $29.30/hr to $47.80/hr.
U.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.